My name is Patricia...read my shit!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Books Vs. Internet

You can either love or hate books. Me personally, books are usually my 2nd resource. I usually find my information online only because its so much faster turning on your personal computer and search the web. This process just takes a few clicks. I see it as why waste your time reading a bunch of fluff that you don’t need when you can just goggle it and get exactly what you need to know. It also saves you a lot of time from driving/ or walking to a bookstore or library because there is a chance that the book can be sold out or checked out and, therefore, may not always be available. With the internet you wont come across that problem because online resource can be access 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The internet also offers a complete multimedia experience with video, audio, graphics and so on… Someone might be thinking “ cool now I don’t have to get out of my seat when I can use the internet for all my research. "Well now think, how many people have access to the internet? Well because anyone with an internet connection can publish a web, reliability of information is not guaranteed . With a book you can trust the information because its been edited and reviewed prior to their publication.
Books has been around for centuries. I don’t believe that the internet will completely take over the value of the book. Many people pass down their childhood books that they value to their children. I plan to do the same with books that have influenced my life and i would hope they would do the same.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Chavez said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, 15 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home