My name is Patricia...read my shit!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

"Disneyland for college students"

Halloween history began two thousand years ago in what is now known as Europe. People who celebrated believed the New Year started, November 1st. This day marked the end of summer and the beginning of the dark, cold, winter a time of year when they associate with the spirits. Halloween is now celebrated every year over the top with all the parties and costumes. In fact, UC Santa Barbara has the reputation of having the best parties all over, especially in Isla Vista. I recently visited Santa Barbara because I have heard verbally from everyone that UCSB was the place to be for Halloween. I went down there with two of my sorority sisters on Friday to see for myself. After we got ready at my best friends apartment we walked to Isla Vista. In the entrance of the main street cops were blocking the streets and making sure no one was bringing in weapons such as pitchfork . Isla Vista was jam-packed with college students dressed in unique, scary, slutty costumes. While walking down the main street I noticed some people sitting on their roof, balcony, and benches drinking beer while watching the crowed pass by. Every house was pretty much filled with people partying with random people from different colleges. On Saturday morning, my sisters and I decided to go to the beach. The weather was great it felt like summer all over. Their was actually people in costumes in the beach who apparently were too drunk that they past out. I believe Santa Barbara is the place to be for Halloween my sister described it as “Disneyland for college students.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home